Saturday, November 14, 2009

What's the best way to extend a fencing post?

I have a 4ft fence that I planning to extend to 6ft, made up of 75mm square wooden fence posts and with 2 horizontal planks then vertical slats.


How can I extend the posts to 6ft without making it look a mess.


I%26#039;d prefer to avoid digging the whole post out and re concreting.


My side of the fence would see the joint.





Has anyone ever tried %26quot;Met post%26quot; extenders?|||You might try adding a 2%26#039; long piece to the top of the post, fastening them with a long two-ended lag bolt (like they use to mount stair newel posts). You can trim the seam with 1x3, and possibly a post cap configuration to complement the seam trim. That would make it look like you %26quot;meant%26quot; the post to be trimmed out that way.





Hope that helps!





Try me: http://www.zeuslegacy.com/register.php?r...|||there is no best way|||what volckhart said, the bolts are called dowel bolts . drill out both ends of your posts a little smaller than the bolt(i would go at least 3/8 on the bolt x4 or 6 in. ) screw posts together and strengthen with trim around the seam.

No comments:

Post a Comment