Monday, November 16, 2009

Should I choose to do fencing or continue kendo?

In a few months, I am going to McGill where they offer both fencing as well as kendo as student run sports. I have done kendo for about 4-5 years (I stopped about 4 years ago) and have achieved 1 dan, or 1st rank black belt. I have never done fencing before but would love to learn it. Should I continue with kendo or start fencing?|||Personally I think you could do both, but if you had to chose one only, I would continue with Kendo.





When you started Kendo, you were walking down a path in a martial art, and to achieve shodan already, that is no thing to just toss aside in my opinion. Kendo has far greater discipline and tradition, and to me, holds much more value than Fencing does.





Fencing is fun, don%26#039;t get me wrong, but it%26#039;s a sport, not a martial art, and when you%26#039;re 80, you%26#039;re not exactly going to be able to fence with arthritis, but you can still play kendo, and be a hachidan (^^v if you work hard) and have massive amount of respect from your kouhai, instead of being a %26#039;has been%26#039; in Fencing.|||FENCING ITS SOO COOL





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...

No comments:

Post a Comment