Monday, November 16, 2009

Is it possible to add wooden fencing to my brick wall to make it higher?

I have a 4 1/2 foot brick wall which I want to make around 6ft high and have decided using fence panels will be the most effective way of doing this as far as price is concerned.


I am after some advice on the best method of attaching the panels to the brick wall.|||How you would attatch the fence panels depends on how the wall is capped. If the wall is capped with concrete , I would think you could use concrete screws with fender washers to hold the panels in place.


The brand of screws I use are called Tap-con. They come with a pilot drill bit that makes the hole for the screw, then the screws are driven with a hex head bit or a screwdriver. They go in easier with the hex head bit. I%26#039;ve got a link to the tapcons in the source box.|||If the brickwork is sound, this will probably work. Drill holes to mount anchor plates, then screw the wood to the plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment