Saturday, November 14, 2009

What is the best type of deer fencing available?

I want to fence in the surroundings of my home. I%26#039;m in a heavily deer populated area they are eating all my plants.


I want to landscape the property with expensive plantings, and don%26#039;t want to install something that isnt going to work. Does anyone have the knowledge to help me out?|||8%26#039; high sturdy wire fence. the trouble is it will look unsightly.|||You can use as cheap a fence as you want, but it either has to be over 7 feet in height or you can use two four-foot-high fences spaced four feet from each other. In either case deer won%26#039;t jump over. I live in a deer-infested area also, and nothing but one of those two things really keeps deer away.|||Check out this website for some ideas http://landscaping.about.com/od/fencedes... but what I have found out is a cedar privacy fence is the best. I tried an electric fence and the deer tore it down, then a picket fence and they jumped it. I have had no problems with the privacy fence.|||Just know that deer can jump quite high. A local vineyard has a 6%26#039; welded wire fence topped with 4 strands of electric fence wire. I recall him telling me once that the total height was about 12%26#039;.|||Hog wire eight feet high will keep them out and will last for years if you use good posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment