Monday, May 17, 2010

How fit do I need to be to start fencing?

I am very interested in taking it up as a sport but I am also very unfit. Will I need to become fitter before I can consider it or could I use fencing as a way to become fitter in the first place? How hard will it be for me?|||As with any sport you need to be fit. You would be better to join a fitness training gym, and then go onto your fencing sport when you have got yourself fit.|||I don%26#039;t know anything about fencing.


I don%26#039;t know how (un)fit you are.


But I think you should do the fencing. Don%26#039;t worry about whether you%26#039;re good at it. Just enjoy yourself! If it%26#039;s too hard, you can always take a raincheck while you get yourself fit again.


Life%26#039;s too short to worry about whether you%26#039;re going to succeed to find things difficult.


=D|||It wont be as hard to start of with and you will need a lot of patience.


However to improve fitness i suggest jogging beforehand, fencing will help you to become fit ONCE you get past learning all the techniques etc.


good luck :)|||Heehee! I am also Very unfit (but skinny) and I love fencing. You really don%26#039;t have to be THAT fit.


- You need good arm muscles


-You need good overall leg muscles


But all these great musclely powers come over time


It not a running, moving sport. Its more a balance strain-on-muscles sport, so it ain%26#039;t that bad.





DO IT- ITS GOOD FUN AND ORIGINAL(not many people do it..)





Good Luck


from your unfit fencing buddy, Alice =D|||In my hour classes I found that fencing was only as tiring and difficult as the amount of effort I put in. If you pay attention, don%26#039;t let small failures get to you, and *want* to push yourself, then you can use fencing to get fit. It%26#039;s not just speed or strength, it%26#039;s also tactics and brains.|||It depends really how dedicated you become. There are some people who can cope with hardly moving at all because they have good hand work and anticipation. However if you want to become good it is a good idea to become fitter though it is not neccessary to become astonishingly fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment