Friday, May 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me the best way to keep a dog in the yard without expensive fencing?

I have a gordan setter, he loves to chase the squirles and poop in my neighbors yard. They are getting upset (of course) I have a small back yard but still enough room for him to run around, I have limited $$$ means and dont want the neighbor to call the law or just even get upset with me. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appericate it|||I have 4 shih tzu dogs,I bought an invisible fence at home depot for $100.00.It has small white flags to put around you yard ,also a small wire to bury 1 to 3 inches below grade.


Now for the shocker of how it works!





A collar to put around the dogs neck that will beep when it get near the flags and a shock if it keeps going.





My dogs don%26#039;t even have to have a collar on now to stay in the yard.I do however take turns now and again to remind then.





I have lost 2 dogs to traffic accidents,when I was only having 1 dog at a time.I rent so a fence was not a option,but now I have 4 that will only go half way toward the road,not into the woods,neighbors or vacant lot next door.|||Maybe you could buy a long lead that your dog can be tied up on in your yard while you save up enough money to get a fence. I bought one for my dog for when we go to my parents cottage. They don%26#039;t have a fence, but we needed a way to confine her when we go in to eat dinner or something. You can get very sturdy ones, mine only cost me $15. It%26#039;s a cheap and easy way to keep your dog confined until you can afford a fence.|||a long(really long, about like 5-8 feet) leash that you can hook to things(like, a tree or something) should work pretty well. They are extremely strong too. You can usually find them at pet stores.|||Get a dog stake and a dog tie. Chain or the rubber coated chain stuff. You can get it at most retailers for under $30.|||Take him for long walk every day. Play ball with him at a park.


do not tie him in your yard. It makes dogs frustrated and aggressive.


The electronic fences work and are less expensive than a traditional fence.|||theres this thing you can buy at wal-mart... you stick this thing in the ground and it has a spot to attach a leash so your dog can only go a certain amount from where you put the stake in the ground... we used to use one until we moved to a house with a fence|||IMHO you can%26#039;t. However, why would you wanna leave him in the yard? Dogs should be walked and exercised.


If he bolts and ends up under a speeding car, then what?


Even a nice backyard is a fvcking prison for a dog without proper walking routine.


Good luck.


LATE ENTRY


All those %26quot;long leash%26quot; suggestions, are bull.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of a lot of good stuff about havahart wireless. There's no digging involved and it covers more ground than any of the other ones ive read about

    ReplyDelete