Friday, November 18, 2011

How can I prepare my self for a new fencing season ?

I want to be in my best shape (or close to that) when starting this new fencing season. Does any one have fitness ex. that I can do to improve my endurance ? I already run and have a program but it%26#039;s not enough. Thanks!|||Stairs and hills are what do the most good for me for fencing. It%26#039;s a shorter but intense workout that doesn%26#039;t take too much time away from fencing-related training, but still helps with the strength and endurance. You can get so much done in half an hour. Running down the stairs makes your feet move faster--it%26#039;s the best exercise other than fencing for fencing in my opinion, running up stairs makes you stronger and running down makes you faster.





If you have a mirror and think you can practice lunges without a coach (and without picking up bad habits), getting quicker is always good practice. The thing I like to concentrate on most before a season is quick tight parries and working on good ways to combine one parry with another (I fence foil). It is also good to work on footwork, but I find it hard to do any good work on footwork without a training partner or coach.|||um, I suppose I would have to say just repetition of all the footwork and tactics, and conditioning...





When you run, you could add other exercises: like %26quot;high knees%26quot; or %26quot;karaoke%26quot; or %26quot;butt kicks%26quot;





Oh! Lunging with a medicine ball might help...?

No comments:

Post a Comment